Sunday 6 January 2013

Art

So this is the WIP (work in progress) of my latest attempt at digital art. Sorry for the watermark but it's necessary! I'll probably enlarge the canvas I'm working on and add a background but for now I'm just trying to flesh out the detail. I scanned in a basic line-art sketch and added colour over a few different layers. It started out red but then I remembered that I have some weird problem with shading in red, so I changed it. Being critical, I really don't like most of the shading but it's very experimental at the moment so if I remember to post the finished product it'll probably look totally different. I'm more used to working with traditional media so I don't really know what I'm doing, but I love my Undo button, seriously. I like the freedom of digital art - being able to do tiny details by zooming in, and seeing it all in full. I don't want to let go of traditional art either but I think both can produce equally beautiful results.

No comments:

Post a Comment